Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I don't talk about music on here much (even though I should) but I have to give props to a great band who released their first full length US album today, Nine Black Alps. I bought there EP on a fling because it looked interesting and was only 4 bucks. It was amazing. So freakin' good. So you can tell how pumped I was to finally pick up their full length, entitled Everything Is, today (which mind you has been out in the UK for about a year). Just finished listening to the record and once again it blows me away. To be honest I haven't been listening to much new music recently. Matter of fact I haven't bought much music either. Aside from the Death From Above remix album that was released a few months ago, the only other albums I have been picked up are classic rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd and America). It really takes alot these days to impress me with something new. And you guys know me I listen to all kinds of crazy stuff. That being said, Nine Black Alps just make me smile. Just some great rock'n'roll. Everyone should check them out. The new record is actually on sale for 8 bucks at Best Buy this week. Please check it out.

We got our Cleveland Cinematheque memberships in the mail today. It put a smile on our faces. I think we might go see a film their sometime this weekend. They are playing a series of films by a lesser known French New Wave director by the name of Luc Moullet. His debut film from '66 entitled Brigitte and Brigitte is playing this week. I am not familiar with his work at all so I figured we may as well start from the beginning.

On a sad film note, the dollar theater around where I live Movies 4 has shut their doors for good. Apparently their lease was up and they decided to move on. It will be missed.

No comments: