Friday, February 16, 2007

Look at this. A little over a week. Your impressed aren't you. I had some down time from my day off so I thought I would write a quick post. Been kind of a long day. Still waiting for new carpet that should have been here by now (we ordered it a bit over a month ago) so Chiaki and I were around and about bitching at the carpet place and checking out some other places for better deals. I also made time to make a handful of updates for the front pages of KFC Cinema, take a gander if you like. You can also check out my last two reviews at the site, Naked Pursuit and Be With Me, by clicking the cute little icons at the top. I am sorta in the process of writing my review for Linda, Linda, Linda - a beautiful little film which just missed my Top Ten list (I may be so inclined to put it on my 2007 list instead...we will see).

For all of you out there that don't live near me, we had one hell of a week. Ohio was hit with an estimated 7-10 inches of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. Man, was it a mess. The most snow I have ever seen around these parts, as least as much as I can remember. Tuesday was a good day to use my Best Buy gift certificate, however,with these two purchases:

That is the Mick Jagger starring Nicolas Roeg film Performance, which has been on my to see list for the last few years but was impossible to find until now, and the latest release from the UK darlings Bloc Party. I have yet to watch Performance, aside from the trailer, but I have played the hell out of Weekend in the City, the new album from Bloc Party. Man, have they matured on this release. My buddy Nate informed me that it hasn't gotten the greatest reviews, but I have no idea why. It's pretty damn amazing. Matter of fact their first single 'The Prayer', has spawned one of the coolest damn videos I have seen in a long time. Please, do yourself a favor and check it out right now. You might want to watch it at least twice cause I guarantee you will miss something the first time around. It's a wonder to view. Maybe be one of my favorites of all time. Hell of a track to boot too.

Chiaki and I really want to catch them in Detroit at the end of March. As if Bloc Party wasn't enough of an incentive to go, Sebastien Grangier, forming of the legend that was Death From Above (and the equally jaw-dropping Femme Fatale), will be opening the shows. To hear what Grangier's solo stuff has in store for ya, check out his myspace page. It's some great stuff, definitely different from anything he has done in the past, well sorta.

Tomorrow night, my friends Aaron and Jason and I are going to catch a film at the Cleveland Cinematheque called The Aura. We all are pretty pumped about it. It is by the late director of Nine Queens, which I have not had the fortune of seeing yet, however I did manage to check out the above average American remake, Criminal. I will chime in on this later. For now, I am off.

No comments: