Monday, March 19, 2007

So I have thought this over hard and I have decided to run some films I saw on imported dvd last year and move them to this year releases.

It's only fair, right. Films like Linda, Linda, Linda and Invisible Waves will have a second chance at life in 2007 where they will get limited runs in US theaters, hence more suitable for Top Films of 2007 list.

Speaking of Invisible Waves, I will be catching it this coming Thursday at the already in progress Cleveland International Film Festival. So far I have caught 9 films with another 8 yet to come. I will do a quick run down in a little bit but I will say it has been a pretty damn good festival this year. I can't wait to catch Invisible Waves on the big screen in a few days.

Before I dive into my festival festivities I want to drop a thing or two about a few other films. The Fine folks over at Criterion Collection have released their June schedule and it's a doozy.

For starters, two sets I have been dying to get into my collection, If.... and La Jetee:

If.... is a Malcolm McDowell classic from the late 60s that I have been trying to get my hands on for years but have been unsuccessful. Can't wait for that one. The other is a set by Chris Marker which includes both La Jetee and a later work of his entitled Sans Soleil. If you are not too familiar, La Jetee is a short film told entirely (except for one moving image) through still photographs. The film was the basis for the Terry Gilliam film Twelve Monkeys.

Two other releases are schedule for June which I have also been quite curiously to see:

Both films are from the 70s and were directed by Yugoslavian filmmaker DuĊĦan Makavejev. I have hear a fair amount of good things about WR: Mysteries of the Organism and would be willing to bet Sweet Movie is also worth a watch. I may have to also pic one of these up sight unseen simply out of curiosity.

I will leave you with some footage from Hostel: Part 2. All you naysayers can keep on hatin' but in my opinion Hostel was the best horror film since The Devil's Rejects. The sequel looks headed in the right direction with the plot leaning more towards what would drive someone to do this and how they get involved in these activities. Say what you will, but I can't wait for June 6th to come around.

Well, I am off but I will be back either tonight or tomorrow with a film festival update.

2 comments:

Petersenaiuu said...

Confusion The manufacturers guarantee a promising weight loss between 3 to 5lbs each week and inside a months?time you're sure to lose an typical of 20lbs. Isn't it truly wonderful to acquire a preferred physique in a brief period of time and that too so safe? You're no more frustrated about your being overweight. Any queries regarding Phen375 can be cleared out through email or telephone at any time round the clock. It probably wont surprise parents that the amount of TV their children watch can impact the ability to maintain a healthy weight. After all, watching TV is a sedentary activity, so the more TV a kid watches, the less exercise he or she gets. However, parents must also be aware that the type of TV children watch can have an enormous effect on childhood obesity. Kansas City Omaha

Carrie said...

It is not that the small kids or even the teenagers are the only numbers that have risen the counting of the users on the Internet especially when there seems to be never fading desire to download online games on their stipulated and favorite tick of the clock. Great and Popular Dirt Bike Games Car Games Monster Truck Games on Playcookinggamesnet Driving Games CALIBER DASH Stunning driving game for Dodge