Thursday, May 31, 2007

So I am so excited. My local indie theatre, the Cedar Lee, is getting Paris, Je, T'aime next week (actually originally scheduled for this weekend, go figure). I have been dying to see this for a while now. I even cheated a bit and watch some of the shorts on YouTube. If you haven't heard about the film it is a collection of 18 shorts running just about 5 minutes a piece from a wide range of world renowned directors. Tom Tywker, Coen Brothers, Christopher Doyle, Alfonso Cuaron, Olivier Assayas, Gus Van Sant, Walter Salles, Nobuhiro Sawa just to name a few. To be honest it hasn't gotten the greatest reviews (some love it, others loathe it), but I have been waiting none the less. It has been out on Hong Kong dvd for a little while now but I really wanted to wait til I was able to catch it on the big screen. Typically the international trailers tend to do films justice, but I must say the US trailer is breathtakingly beautiful. Check it out at the official website by click the poster above.

No comments: