Friday, July 27, 2007

Okay, announcement has finally come through, courtesy of Fangoria, for the separate released Grindhouse films from Tarantino and Rodriguez and to me it is a bit of a mixed bag.

First up, Tarantino's Death Proof on September 18th:

• Finding Quentin’s Gals featurette
• The Guys of DEATH PROOF featurette
• Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike featurette
• Introducing Zoe Bell featurette
• Quentin’s Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke featurette
• DOUBLE DARE trailer
• International poster gallery

As you can see, not much there. Would have liked a QT commentart track at least. Bonus points for a possible new grindhouse trailer though (I am guessing that is what DOUBLE DARE is?).

Then from Rodriguez's court Planet Terror on October 18th:

• Audio commentary by writer/director Rodriguez
• Deleted scenes
• Cooking School featurette
• 10-Minute Film School featurette
• The Stunts featurette
• The Make-up and Effects featurette
• The Badass Babes featurette
• The Renegade Guys featurette
• The Costumes featurette
• The Production Design featurette
• International trailer

Alot better. More of the usual form the man. I am sure it will be one entertaining as hell commentary track and his film and cooking school featurettes are always a treasure. My question though? No Machete trailer?? or Don't or Thanksgiving? I am a bit disappointed. Unless of course they are easter eggs on the discs. That would be a delight.

Alright. I suppose that is all for now. Back in a little while (which could mean days...ha ha), with a review of two.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Now I loved both movies, but if the fake trailers aren't on here, I'll be pissed. That truly was the best part of the experience.