Thursday, January 26, 2006

Doesn't this photo make you want to learn more. The still is from a new film entitled The Science of Sleep. Its the new film by Michel Gondry, the mad man behind countless Bjork and White Stripes videos along with the truly amazing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. If you don't know, the film stars Gael Garcia Bernal (of Amores Perros, Bad Education, Y Tu Mama Tambien) and is another trip into Gondry crazy head which seems to hard to describe. All I know is that it involves a mans dreams mixing with his reality. I am sure it is going to be even more insane than his previous film. Warner Independent Pictures is supposedly releasing it in October. Did I mention it rumored to be mostly in French. Man, I can't wait for this one.

So I watched The Aristocrats tonight. Pretty funny stuff. At first I thought it wasn't going to be funny. It seemed very hit or miss and Chiaki didn't even want to watch it. However, after it got rolling by the end we both were laughing pretty hard. I guess its a bit overrated but I would recommend it for a good laugh as long was your not easily offended. Or even mildly offended. Cause its pretty damn vulgar! We also rented Lord of War. We haven't watched it all yet but I like what I seen so far. Its been a good film month. Haven't really seem much crap recently. I hope I didn't open my mouth too soon.

We are going to see The Conformist some time this weekend and I am pretty psyched.

Finally, I was pretty depressed today when I read that Chris Penn was found dead in his home. I really enjoyed him. He was far too young to die. He will be sadly missed. I'll miss ya man.

No comments: