Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hostel was #1 at the box office with $20.1 million. How cool is that? It was made for about $5 million. It's already a huge success. Go see it. I think I might go again this week sometime.

So I am pretty pumped The Constant Gardener comes out on dvd this tuesday. I think I might have to bust out my Best Buy gift card.

I finished watching Girl Boss Guerilla, one of the films in The Pinky Violence Collection boxset I got for Christmas.



Man, this is some really entertaining stuff. Very stylistic. In my opinion this female biker gang film had just as much style and enjoyment as something like Easy Rider. Imagine a trashier version of Easy Rider with girls in the lead and you got Girl Boss Guerilla.

Some people overlook exploitation films because of their content (which usually involves a fair share of sex and violence) and thats a shame. There is some great filmmaking there. I tell you, this box set contains some lost treasures in film and some great companys like Panik House (www.panikhouse.com) are giving audience a way to check this stuff out for the first time.

Well I am off. Sorry the the shorter post. Tommorrow will be bigger.

No comments: