Sunday, January 22, 2006

So we didn't see Match Point. We opted for the Great Lakes Science Center instead. Pretty cool place to go actually. I still fit a film in anyways today...sorta. At the Science Center we caught an IMAX film which, while it made me half sick from watching, was quite interesting.

I just got done watching the second to last episode of Masters of Horror. The concept of the episode is great however, like most of the episodes, it could have been executed alot better. Not unlike most viewers out there, I have found the series to be pretty disappointing. I guess we (as in all horror fans) were expecting too much out of the show. Look at Tales from the Crypt, lets not kid ourselves the show wasn't the greatest but we watch it week after week because for some reason we were still compelled to. However, with the new series people figure that with a name like Masters of Horror it would be one hell of a ride. Oh well, I still like it nonetheless. Hell, it even made me gain respect for John Carpenter (who's episode I just loved) again. Best of all, the show gives me a great way to hang out with my brother, Kevin, every weekend.

Oh yeah, one final thing I am pretty pumped about. This new great dvd company named Discotek, who previously released the great exploitation film Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs, are putting out one of my favorite bizarro films from the last five years, Electric Dragon 80,000 volts. Its this great crazy Japanese film directed by one of my favorites Sogo Ishii and stars my two favorite Japanese actors Tadanobu Asano and Mashatoshi Nagase. Great, great stuff. It comes out on June 27th (finally...another company was supposed to release it here in the states last june), which just so happens to be the release date for their dvd of Burst City and earlier Sogo Ishii film. Man, am I pumped. Mark your calendars cause I sure am hell markin' mine.

No comments: