Wednesday, January 18, 2006

There will be Blood.

That is the name of the next Paul Thomas Anderson film. PT Anderson has to be one of the best directors out their right now. And to top it off the film is going to star Daniel Day Lewis. Man, is this going to be something special. Apparently it is loosely based on Uptown Sinclair's novel Oil! I had heard about this a while back on Anderson's now defunct site Coffee and Cigarettes, but nothing was 100%. I am sure I will be discussing this more as things come together.

So Chiaki kinda talked me into watching this Korean film tonight called Oasis about a relationship between a woman with cerebal palsy and a three time felon just released from jail. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It is a truly great film. It has to be one of the most beautiful love stories I have seen in recent history. The acting in this film is just simply amazing. I am dying to see more work from the two lead actors. The great thing about the film is that even though the relationship seems doomed from the start, the ending leaves a sign of hope. Its not typically my type of film but it really is something that needs to be seen by a larger audience. The film was released on dvd here in the states last year so if you want to try something different and original I recommend you check it out.

Now on to the next film...

No comments: