Sunday, February 05, 2006

So some awesome news was just announced for the future of international film here in the states. CJ Enterntainment, arguably Korea's largest distribution company, is building a 650-seat theater in Los Angeles to be opened by June 2007. It will screen Korean films simultaneously with their releases in Korea.

Do you have any idea how revolutionary this will be? There has never been a film that I can remember that has been shown in the US remotely close to its release in its own country. I mean look at such films as Hero, which was released a whole 3 years after it did in China and the rest of the world. Even something like Trainspotting took just over a year to reach the US. This is a huge step in international film distribution. I can't wait.

Man do I miss living in Southern California. I am going to be so jealous. I see many California trips in our future. To all my California friends, you better have you spare rooms cleaned by June of 2007.

No comments: