Friday, February 10, 2006

So these next couple weeks are going to be pretty damn cool in cinema for me at least. For starters, sometime this weekend we are going to catch The Passenger at the Cleveland Cinematheque. This is Michelangelo Antonioni film I have been dying to see for years but have never been able to find a copy of. Now I get to see it on the big screen.

The following weekend brings one of my all time favorites, Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West. You have no idea how ecstatic I am to see this in a theater. Its just crying out to be seen theatrically and now I finally have a chance. The weekend after next brings not only my birthday but a screening of a Sergio Leone film I have never seen, Fistful of Dynamite (also known as Duck, You Sucker). Once again I am beyond excited.

Right around the time of this screening comes the announcement of something truly special here in Ohio. Something I live for every year, even when I was in California I would schedule a trip home during these 10 days. What 10 days, do you say? Well the Cleveland International Film Festival, of course. From March 16 to the 26th, Tower City Cinemas will be the home of one of the best things that Cleveland has to offer. After emailing the Cleveland Film Society they told me the complete film list should be online the week of February 24th. This year is going to be really special for us. Last year, Chiaki and I lost one of are most dearest friends with the passing of my Grandfather. We were to sadden to even think about the festival. This year will be our comeback year, in the name of my Grandpa Bucklew, we will have great year. If you get a chance I really think you should to.

No comments: