Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So I always go on and on about the Cleveland Cinematheque and how great it is but I always fail to mention other great theater around me. This theater is even closer to me (as a matter of fact less than 15 minutes away), The Canton Palace Theatre.


This baby has been standing strong for 80 years. Look at that marquee doesn't it make you cry. The theater is a beauty from top to bottom. The coolest thing about them is that about 5 years ago they started to do a art film night every Thursday. A blockbuster Hollywood film would play on the weekend while a foreign or art house film plays on Thursday. Its pretty damn cool. This month we are going to check out Cache, a film from France that one the Prix de la mise en scene (the Best Director Award) at the Cannes Film Festival last year. Some they just started doing, as far as I know, is play Classic films on Sundays. They keep on getting better and better. A friend from work even recently inviting me to be on their Art film committee so you know that I am extremely excited for that. Hopefully I can get them some even great insight on the best films to get there. We will see, I guess.

So we had plans to Bowling Green today to check out the school, when I was reminded of something my friend Andrew, a Bowling Green student, told me last week. It's spring break. So it looks like my school visit will have to wait until next week.

No comments: