Friday, March 17, 2006

So I know. It has pretty much been a whole week since my last post. I have sorta been busy but that's no excuse really. It's laziness pure and simple. I apologize. So on with the post.

Went to my first meeting of the Art Film Committee of the Canton Palace Theatre. It went good. It was actually pretty damn cool. I was one of three new members, one of which was a friend of mine from work, Jeremy. They meet once a month and I will attempting to attend all of them from now. I have already been email them ideas for future film screenings. Hopefully, this will work out to be a great opportunity for me.

The Cleveland International Film Festival started yesterday. Our first film we are catching is tomorrow. I can't hardly wait. This is one of my favorite times of the year.

I picked up to films the other day while visiting Columbus. Three Times and Election (no, not the Reese Witherspoon film). One from Taiwan, and the other from Hong Kong. Both played at Cannes last year and are supposed to be excellent films. I picked them up at Eday, a relatively new store which sells Chinese films (along with some from Korean and Japanese). They also have a website you can order from if that is your thing.

Caught the The Hills have Eyes remake the other day. Not much to say about it. Most people I talked to loved it. I just thought it was okay. As far as the gore factor, the film blows most out of the ball park. I mean I am not quite sure how they got away with this much blood and gore. But others than that, it didn't grab me much. The actors were fine that wasn't my problem it just didn't do much for me. In my opinion, Hostel is superior on so many more levels.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I will post tomorrow when we get home from the film festival to let everyone know how it went.

No comments: