Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So I have to give it to the people over at American Express. They have some great people over there with great ideas. Seems like their new theme for their "My Life, My Card" commericals is to get innovative directors to self parody themselves in commericals directed by themselves. By now I am sure everyone has seen the M. Night Shyamalan commerical a great spoof of his work while seemingly coming off as a damn cool ad. Wellm now the geniuses have decided to bring the one and only Wes Anderson along for the ride. Man, is this a pure brilliant commercial. To me at least, it seemed very Godard-esque, which is always a good thing. It will most likely be a very love-hate ad, depending on your feelings toward Anderson and his work. If you love him you will throughly enjoy it, while if you despise him you will probably loath it. The fine folks at Twitch gave the heads up this morning that YouTube has the commerical for your viewing pleasure. The spots can also been seen in a better quality although smaller picture at American Express very own "My Life, My Card" page. Pick your poison. Enjoy!

No comments: