Monday, May 22, 2006

Okay so I am not a big monster movie guy. I have never really been a monster movie guy. I have always swayed more toward the horror side of things rather than the Science Fiction. But I will be damned if I don't sure this film out the minute it is available on Korean dvd.


The film is called The Host and is the next hopeful blockbuster to come out of Korea. Two of its stars are some of my favorite actors out of Korea, Song Kang-Ho (of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and JSA) and Bae Doo-Na (also of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Linda, Linda, Linda). It has gotten its world premiere as we speak at the Directors' Fornight at Cannes and the reviews have been very favorable. Can't wait to here more as things keep on rolling on through with this film.

Babel screens tomorrow at Cannes so I will be back in the next day or two to report on whets going on with this promising film. I hope to see some footage from the film pop up in the morning on Cannes website. Richard Kelly's (Donnie Darko ) follow-up film Southland Tales has already not receive the greatest feedback and I hope the response to Babel is a lot more positive. Nonetheless I will be there opening day to see it one way or another.

The films rolling into the New York Asian Film Festival are getting better and better but still know film schedule up on their site. We are planning our trip and schedule based around when Linda, Linda, Linda is playing so it all comes down to the damn times and dates. So hopefully They will update their page so that I can write more about the films we plan on seeing. Can't wait. We have been dying to go to New York since our last visit in June 2005. More on this as things start to come together.

No comments: