Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So 8 days isn't to bad of procrastinating is it. I have done worse I suppose.

Speaking of days and the number 8 (wait a minute maybe I can make a film about this..oh wait, never mind), I only have one more day, yes 8 hours left and then I have 10 days off in a row for the wonder that is the Cleveland International Film Festival. I can't wait.

One of the films that is playing at the festival is a great film from Norway entitled The Bothersome Man. it quite sensational actually. I originally thought I wouldn't be able to make the screening but I may still have time. It definitely worth a theatrical viewing or two. The kind folks at Film Movement were nice enough to supply me with a screener copy and I must first of all give them some major props for picking the flick up.


The Bothersome Man is truly remarkable from the pitch perfect humor to the extraordinarily colorful cinematography, the film is sure to be loved by many.

After a run in with a subway train, our fearless leader Andreas (played with precise perfection by Trond Fausa Aurvag) finds himself in an unfamiliar place yet doing the same familiar things.

Life seems to perfect. Why is it so easy to find the right woman? Why is his new job so easy? Why does everyone agree with him? Why can't he get drunk? Why doesn't anyone notice things are a bit off key around here?

One man's heaven is another man's hell and this newfound 'life on repeat' leads him to find search deeper and farther way from his mundane existence. Will the music creeping out a bricks in the wall give him the answers he wants?

The Bothersome Man is a stylistically beautiful piece of filmmaking that is well deserving of it's praises.


Now through June, subscribers to Film Movement will be able to pick up their own copy of The Bothersome Man, exclusively on dvd (it will not be able to any retailers until June 26th). Are you in the area and want to check it out on the big screen, well then make your way over to the Cleveland International Film Festival where it will screen on both March 22nd at 11:45am and March 23rd at 9:45am.

Well enough said about that. Get of your damn ass and find a way to see the film. It already have it in mind for my Top films of '07 but that is quite a while from now, so on to other news.

I picked up some other things in the last week or so and even managed to fit in a film or two. Zodiac was seen over last weekend and it is definitely a film that I would recommend to all. Don't whine about its almost three hour running time. Honestly, you won't even notice just go and catch the damn thing.

Also pick up the new record from my boy, RJD2:


Go pick this bastard up too. It's well worth it. Hell, if you are a cheap bastard make your way over to Best Buy before Saturday and get your hands on it for $7.99. You can't be that, seriously. RJ does all the instruments, including the singing on this baby. Don't believe me how damn good it is then check this out, beeeaattcch. Personally, I think "You Never Had It" is the best joint on the record, but that's just me. Man, '07 is already turning out as a great year for music and film and its only March. I can't freakin' wait for what else is in store for us all.

I know there is so much more to say but I can't remember so I guess I will shut the hell up for now. I will be back tonight or tomorrow for a little bit more, my friends.