Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alittle change of plans this week. Looks like are trip to Pittsburgh has been changed. We figure we may as well save some money and stay home tonight and hit up Columbus tomorrow. Which means a nice little bento from the new place in the mini Japanese plaza. The name slips my mind right now but man is it super tasty. I would also like to swing over to see one of my best friends, Jason, along with his wonderful wife and their newborn baby.

As much as I wanted to see I Don't Want to Sleep Alone this weekend, I know I can catch it in two weeks at the good ol' Cleveland Cinematheque. One of my other best friends, JD, will be in town and I really want to drag him along for the ride. It will be my second viewing of a Tsai Ming Liang film in the theater which is honestly the best way to see his flicks.

So Cannes has started and the feedback on the opening film My Blueberry Nights (my most anticipated film of the year) has been relatively positive. While it doesn't seem to blow anyone out of the park it has been getting some decent buzz, which is a good thing.

Check out this little teaser trailer for your viewing pleasure:

I absolutely love it. Many people have been comparing it to Wong Kar Wai's breakout film Chungking Express but I thought it reminded me alot of his BMW short film (The Follow), which we can feast your eyes on here. While your at it check out Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's powerful and brilliant BMW short Powder Keg, clearly the best of the bunch. In my humble opinion, these two directors are some of the best ever to work in the business. Amazing careers that seems to get more and more intrigue as the years go by.

I am off for now but will be back tonight or tomorrow with my usual fare...

3 comments:

DanielLee said...

Powder Keg is my favorite from the series. God I need to find that dvd...

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

It always seemed to pop up at Ameoba alot when I lived there. Good stuff.