Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mucho goodies arrived today. Fay Grim and Diggers from the fine folks at Magnolia Pictures and Black Test Car from the wondrous Fantoma Films. Look for reviews of Fay Grim and Diggers to pop up here very soon while a Black Test Car will be up at KFC Cinema in the coming weeks.

Also bought a new mid-lined receiver and surround sound speakers today along with The Departed, Once Upon a Time in America, and Whisper in the Dark (I had to reach 300 bucks to get "6 months- no interest"...you know I am a sucker for that).

I think Chiaki and I are on for next week to attend the Silk Screen Film Festival in Pittsburgh. Like I mention before I think we will catch I Don't Want to Sleep Alone and Summer Palace.

I Don't Want to Sleep Alone is the latest from one of my favorite directors, Tsai Ming-Liang. I have been dying to see this for a while now and am really excited to catch it. It is playing at the Cleveland Cinematheque at the beginning of June too, so it looks like I may have two chances to see it. Summer Palace I have also been anxious to see since all the fuzz at Cannes last year. The Chinese censors did not allow it to screen at the '06 Cannes Film Festival which resulted in, not only them yanking it from the prestigious festival, but also banning the filmmaker Lou Ye from making anything in the next 5 years. Pretty crazy! I really enjoyed his last flick the 2003 release Purple Butterfly so I am really looking forward to this one too.

1 comment:

DanielLee said...

Finally, Fay will be mine.