Tuesday, May 01, 2007

That my friends is a photo from Wong Kar Wai's English language debut (unless you count his killer BMW short from a while back) My Blueberry Nights (and yep thats the lovely Natalie Portman). It is opening at Cannes and I can not wait for more stuff to pop up at their website as the festival gets rolling. I am sure there will be a clip online a day or two after the festival starts and I can't hardly wait.

Below is the poster art:

Awesome as well, I might add. More on this as the info floods in.

So I finally sat down to watch the James Fox/Mick Jagger pic Performance that I picked up a month or so back (if you know me, you know that I sometimes take alittle while to watch movies I buy). Man, do I love this film. It is a perfect film to represent the 70s. It is one hell of a head trip film which had a similar effect on its viewers as did Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Plain and simple it makes you feel like you are literally high on drugs. The film just absorbs you and doesn't let go. James Fox is sensational in the film as are the small cast around him which includes Mick Jagger and Anita Pellenberg. Highly Recommended in my book and is truly one of those films that really deserves its cult status.

Also picked up the Alejandro Jodorowsky boxset and man is the thing a beauty. Go out and buy this now. Your local Best Buy should have it for 45 bucks which it is worthy of every penny. Three films, a 35min short, and two soundtracks. Come on seriously what are you waiting for. Pick up Performance at Borders while your at it to complete your head trip movie purchase.

I guess that is all for now. I will be back in a day or so with a little more rant including my plans for the Silk Screen Film Festival and a possible trip to Columbus to see the one and only Chuck Palahniuk. Speaking of Chuck Palahniuk apparently a film adaptation of his novel Choke is a go with Sam Rockwell in the lead role. I honestly couldn't picture a better choice. More on this later.

Also in the next week or so expect a dvd reviews of the wonderful Fay Grim and the Ken "I'm going to dip my balls in it" Marino written film Diggers, both courtesy of the fine folks at Magnolia Pictures.

2 comments:

DanielLee said...

I went to go pick up the AJ boxset today, but best buy doesn't carry it where I'm at.

I started to get scared when I saw it was sold out at dvdplanet, so bit the bullet and placed an order on ebay sucka!

How sexy is it!?!

Aaron said...

oh so sexy, danny boy, oh so sexy!