Friday, June 15, 2007

I just had to put this up on the top of the page today. I will admit, I am quite the late bloomer on the western genre. I always thought John Wayne when I thought "western" until I stumbled upon Once Upon a Time in the West westerns arrived. It didn't help that my father-in-law who I first met in dvd release in late 2003 and thus my love of spaghettiJanuary 2004 was also a big spaghetti western (or as Japan calls them macaroni western) fan too my love for the genre just grew. Last year I had the opportunity to all catch Once Upon a Time in the West and Duck, You Sucker (a highly neglected Sergio Leone film here in the states) on the big screen at the wondrous Cleveland Cinematheque. Amazing. One hell of an experience. Now finally last week the Sergio Leone Anthology hit the shelves. The "Dollar" series (Fistful of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) and Duck, You Sucker all in one box (and sold separately). All housed in 2 disc sets packed with extras. I can finally part ways with my The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly 2-disc, along with my Duck, You Sucker UK Special Edition. I picked this baby up online for a whopping $49.22 (it retails at some stores for 100 bucks). Awesome. So go out and by this stuff now, please. If your short on cash, at least do yourself a favor and pick up Duck, You Sucker!

No comments: