Thursday, June 14, 2007

Its really hard to believe that is has been 10 years since John Travolta has done a anything worthwhile. Face/Off, a largely underrated film, will celebrate its 10 year anniversary with a special edition dvd. Containing among other things, an alternate ending and John Woo commentary, the disc is planned to hit shelves on September 11th. Count me in on this one (I can replace my barebones laserdisc).

Speaking of dvds, look at this damn thing:
I mean, really come August 7th, who's not gonna want this. Does it really matter that the features are all the same. I mean come one the dvd is wearing an Elvis suit (not to mention it has its own collar). How more genius can you get, honestly. Should be a purchase even for all you Bubba haters out there.

So I have continued my search for a film called The Magicians. From Korean director Song Il-Gon the film was filmed as one continuous shot ala The Russian Ark and a handful of other films. I caught Git (aka Feather in the Wind) which I absolutely loved at last year's New York Asian Film Festival and really regretted missing this film (his most recent work). Funny thing is the film has never shown up on dvd in the last two years since its Korean release. I recently emailed the people who own the print in which the festival played last year. Here is hoping they know how I can locate a dvd copy. If all goes well I will have more information on this later.

I am off...

1 comment:

DanielLee said...

Where have you been sir?