Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dario Argento's comeback?

The picture above just puts a constant grin on my face. Adrien Brody and Dario Argento. Really how freakin' cool is that. While I really am sadden that Asia Argento (who had to back out because of her pregnancy) will not be in the latest film from her father, I am extremely happy to see Mr. Brody. In case you are wonder, the film is called Giallo (which means Yellow) and is follows an American woman looking for her sister with the help of an Italian detective (played by Brody). The title is not only an homage to the Italian horror film genre, which is coined Giallo, but also the name of the killer in the film. Emmanuelle Seigner, who was last seen in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, has taken over Asia's role and should also be a great bonus to the picture. If you know me well you know my love of Dario Argento and I have very high hopes for this one. I have been extreme disappointed in his films the last two decades and really think this one could work with such a strong cast. Lets cross our fingers.

No comments: