Monday, March 20, 2006

How could I be so blind. So lazy. After watching the film I just watched, I keep on asking myself why I hadn't seen it earlier. This film is easily the best film of last year. It touched me more than any of the films I saw last year (including Munich and A Constant Gardener, two films I hold dare to my heart). What is this film, you ask? Well that film is...Crash.

If you know me you know that I always go against the grain I never follow the hype but, man, is this thing powerful. Its real. Its honest. It never holds back. It truly is the way life is. I could shoot myself for not see this last year and raving on and on about it because it truly deserves it. It wholeheartly deserves that Oscar. I am still glad that Ang Lee got the director award because he has had amazing career. Paul Haggis has so much ahead of him. I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve. Hell, he has two screenwriting Oscars already and thats pretty damn great. This film immediately made me think of another Paul. Paul Thomas Anderson (and if you know me well, you know I love PTA). Crash needs to be seen by everyone, it really does. I guess I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about this film, I just want to say that its an exceptional piece of work that really touched the heart and it deserves every ounce of praise that it is given. Actually, why don't you just go pick up the director's cut of the film that comes out April 4th. I know I will!

No comments: