Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So April 25th will be the death of me. Their are way to many great releases coming out on that exact day. For starts, Criterion Collection does a one, two punch and releases a double whammy of kick as films. First at the top of my list is Louis Malle debut film Elevator to the Gallows. I have been dying to see this film ever since I missed it at the Cleveland Cinematheque. The second stellar release by the company on that day is the Italian film Fists in the Pocket by Marco Bellocchio (also the debut feature length film by the director). I haven't heard too much about the actual film but I have been doing a fair share of reading about Bellocchio. One of his latest films, ironically also played recently at the Cinematheque (which again I missed).
But the list doesn't stop there. The 25th also brings a film I did see recently at the Cinematheque, Antonioni's amazing The Passenger. I can't wait to own this. I still haven't found out the final specs of this disc, which at one time was supposed to include a commentary track by Jack Nicholson. Media Blasters bust out another stellar film from the vaults of Japanese exploitation Scorpion : Grudge Song the final film in Meiko Kaji's Female Convict Scorpion series. Finally, my peeps at NoShame Films releases one hell of a cool looking set with the Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set, which even comes with a action figure of the killer Red Queen. In my opinion a release date doesn't come any better than that. It looks like I will finally cash in some of my Borders coupons, certificates, and return my extra copy of Grey's Anatomy that I have been holding on to for a special occasion like this. Hopefully with all this goodness I should be able to pick up at least three films without spending much cash at all. I am really looking forward to this film filled day.
So we are going to see a film very out of character for me tomorrow, Ice Age 2. Before you really start to wonder I will explain. Thursday is hangout day with Chiaki and I favorite person in the whole wide world, my nephew Isaac. This is a big day for us because we have never taken him to the movie. It should be a blast.

1 comment:

Tara Jimenez said...

Moreover, the used forklift will last longer if you buy it from a certified dealer. Before renting them, it is advisable to ascertain the type of forklift you require for your needs. Please see some other articles by Darlene Michaud In addition, in order to qualify for forklift training it is essential that people have a basic comprehension of both verbal and written English because this is how the courses are delivered.