Monday, May 08, 2006

Just found out that my boys, The Blood Brothers, are recording a new record and guess who is co-producing it....Guy Freakin' Picciotto of Fugazi (the orginators of post-punk music) fame. I know that when most people think of Fugazi they think of Ian MacKaye but Guy was equally as important to the bands success and I can't wait to see what direction he take The Blood Brothers in. Exciting stuff, well at least for me it is.

Also of note, the new Tsai Ming-Liang film I Don't Want to Sleep Alone just got picked up by Fortissimo Films, a company responsible for releasing a lot of great films internationally. Tsai Ming-Liang describes the film as being about a group of laborers who enjoy watching Bollywood movies, a Chinese Indonesian girl who works in Chinatown, a man wandering in the streets without an identity, and a mysterious mattress abandoned by a rich man. It is a comedy, but it is also tragic.

Can't wait to here more about this, as Ming-Liang is one of those directors out their that I love everything that he does.

No comments: