Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Surprise! So I decided to change my blog design. I was really getting tired of the old one. It was a bit boring. This one looks more hip. does it? Okay, maybe not but I wanted a change. Do you feel me?

Okay so it is a day away from the Canton Palace Theatre's 6th Annual Film Festival and I am pretty excited. Sure, it didn't turn out exactly as I planned but we still have some nice films playing. Here is the line-up:

Thursday, October 11th - Ping Pong
Friday, October 12th - Once
Saturday, October 13th - Paris, Je T'aime
Sunday, October 14th - No End in Sight

Nice range, don't you say. Saturday afternoon we are also screening some short films from local directors which should be a lot of fun too. It starts at 1:30pm and will run til about 3pm at the 2nd April Gallerie right near by the Canton Palace Theatre. I am going to highlight the festival with my friend Bo's awesome short Miles Wynberry of Glendale Lane which I helped him with last year.

So all with my ramblings. Yesterday was a movie day for me. In the afternoon (after work), I caught Transformers and at night (after my film committee meeting) I watched Eastern Promises. Transformers is a hell of a ride. I really loved watching it. Eastern Promises is slow but good. Really good actually. Even though it wasn't Cronenberg's best work, I thought it was a great effort.

I just found out that Cleveland should be getting The Darjeeling Limited on October 19th and I really can not wait. I am really excited for the film that it is driving me crazy. I am so pumped for the film that I was prone to pick up The Kinks 'Lola vs. Powerman' record (which features two excellent songs - This Time Tomorrow and Strangers - featured prominently in the film's trailer).

My buddy Bo made a really cool fall film listing on his myspace blog with summaries and trailers and all that good stuff. Very cool and I think everyone should go check it out right now. The list is pretty damn close to my most anticipated films of the season also.

Alright well lots more to say but I forget so far now I am done. Expect a review or two shortly, I promise. Really.

No comments: